Sunday, September 11, 2005

I have to apologise, to everyone. I have to apologise for leaving my blog un-updated for a long time despite many of you phoning, sms-ing, emailing and tagging me to update it. I have just been qite tied up in the ordered chaos that is life.

Many things have happened since I last updated. One of it was stepping down as chairman of the VSITC BOA. After eight years, I am finally taking a step back.

I remember feeling something like this when I had stepped down as president of the club four years ago. But despite having felt it before, the emotions were just as overwhelming. I don't know if I will ever be able to get over this feeling but I'm confident that time will lessen the effects.

I had arrived early at VS for the handover ceremony. It then struck me how much I had to prepare to see this day. The initial talk of stepping down, the conducting of elections, meeting up with my successor a few times to hand down everything and ensure nothing is left out. I didn't have time to think about emotions prior to the handing over. All I know is that sometimes I felt angry, because people just didn't understand why I needed to step down, anxious because I didn't know whether I was making the right decisions, desperate because time was running out and I had to ensure that I gave my successor everything I knew.

The ceremony went relatively well. I had actually prepared a long speech to give, but honestly, I didn't feel like giving it when I went up to make the speech so I said a few words and stepped back.

After the ceremony, I had stepped down. Felt slightly disoriented, but knew life still had much in store for me.

Will update again.....soon. :)

Take Care Guys.

-Hozefa-

No comments: