Friday, September 19, 2008

I've not updated my blog in a long time. So many things have happened in the past few months. Some were great experiences and other were challenges to be overcome. Yet, nothing impacted me as much as what happened 2 days ago.

I had just returned from an overseas trip to a conference in Bangkok on Tuesday night. On Wednesday morning at around 7am, dad got a call from the hospital saying that Dadima (grandmother) was in a very critical condition and that they should come over immediately. Dad asked Qadir and me to stay behind. As I was still recovering from lack of sleep, Qadir offered to stay by the phone. Then around 20 minutes later, Qadir came and shook me rather hard and told me we had to get ready quickly and go. I just put on whatever clothes I could find and called a cab to bring us to Tan Tock Seng Hospital. I remember telling the driver to drive as fast as possible and he said he'll do his best. On the way there, dad called Qadir on his handphone.

It was the news that we dreaded. We knew it was coming because Dadima's condition was deterioating so much. But nothing prepared me for the moment when Qadir told me that "She passed away". When we reached the hospital, we rushed to her bedside. I remember that Dad was praying from the Quran loudly and then did matam of Imam husain on Dadima's chest. She was just lying there. She finally had the look of peace on her face.

I just started crying. The immense sense of loss I felt at that very moment in time was indescribable. I simply didn't know what to do. Mum was standing there so I hugged her. I kissed Dadima's feet one last time, as I usually kissed them every Eid and Lailatul Qadr. I held Dadima's hand and just cried. Then I remember kissing her forehead. Now as I type this I realise that it was the very last time I got to touch her, the loving Dadima that never hesitated to give me a hug to bring me close to her when I was in pain.

Husain Kakji told me to be strong, because we had to make preparations for her final journey to her maker. I just remeber huggin Husain Kakji and Feiji. And I remember after that I hugged dad and both of us couldn't stop crying.

Eventually we quickly discussed what we had to do. Dad and kakaji would stay at the hospital to finish the paperwork and arrange for Dadima to be brought to masjid. Mum, Qadir and me went home to change, get the Khake Shifaa, the white cloth for kafan that was blessed by Aqa Moula (TUS), and water from the wells of Zam Zam in Mecca and Jame-ul-Anwar in Qahera.

Everything after that was a blur. I remember reaching masjid and making arrangements with Abbas uncle and Qadir and I went with Najmi uncle to buy packet drinks for all those who will attend the burial. Dadima's body was brought to the masjid and the women in the committee started the process of cleaning her and garbing her in the burial robes. We just waited outside.

Then all the family members were asked to go in to look upon Dadima's face one last time before it was covered with Hanoot and the cloth. When it was my turn, I was careful not to touch her (She was cleaned with the rites of abulation so we should not touch her). I leaned forward to her face and all I could think of saying was Thank you. All I thought of saying was thank you to this wonderful grandmother who had led such a hard life but was only full of love for all of us. I also remembered saying that Aqa Moula will take care of you now. And that she had gotten her final wish of doing Didar of Aqa Moula.

And I lost my composure after that again. When I came back to my senses, it was time to carry her body into the Masjid for the Janazah ni namaaz. I made sure I didn't let go of the coffin used to carry her at all. I wanted to be there with Dadima all throughout her final journey. We prayed the namaaz and everyone came to give us Taziat (condolences). I just couldn't stop silently crying. After everyone had given taziat, I went to give taziat to my dad ad we hugged each other and cried again. Our sense of loss was at that time insurmountable.

We carried her body for the final journey out of the house of Allah and brought the coffin into the funeral bus that was waiting outside. While dad and Qadir took the car to the cemetary, I went in the bus and sat by the coffin throughout the whole journey. I couldn't stop thinking about her.

Finally, we reached the cemetary and dad and kakji went into the grave to receive the body and I helped lower Dadima into her final resting place. I saw as the knots on her robes were loosened, signifying that all her wordly worries are over and now Moulana Ali Mushkil Kusha will come to bring her to Jannat. Her face was unveiled and her body covered with soil. After which we said our final goodbyes and prayers and went back home where everyone had gathered. We tried to console each other but with very little effect.

Later that night we went to Masjid and came back home. I went to Dadima's bedroom and sat at the foot of her bed and started crying again. There was an emptiness in me that couldn't be filled. It seemed so surreal. It was as if Dadima had just gone away for a while and would come back again. But I knew that it wasn't true. She had gone into the loving embrace of Imam-uz-zaman. I started wondering if I had been in turn, a filial grandson to Dadima. Dad and mum had to console me this time.

Dadima, thank you for everything. You were the kind of grandmother every grandson could ask for. You showed us love in all the ways that you knew how. You cared for us the way mothers care for their children. You taught us the tenets of our faith and made sure we stick firm in our love for Aqa Moula. You constantly reminded us of our family's traditions of Khidmat-e-dawat and ensured that we carried on this tradition. You loved us so so much dadima.

And dadima, we loved you too. We still love you. And we'll love you forever. We miss you so so much. Tha gap that you have left can never be filled.

May you receive Moula's Shafaat.

I am sure that when Penjeten Pak came to receive you, when Aqa Moula came to hold your hand, that they were proud that such a fine Mumin had finally come to Jannat. I Know that you're in a happier place now that you're suffering is now over. Please continue to watch over us, Dadima, as you did in your life.

We will love you, always.

6 comments:

Shabbir Poonawala said...

My heartfelt condolence on the sad demise of your Dadi.

May Allah grant her shafaat of Panjatan Pak AS.

Hozefa said...

Thanks.

Please dua that Allah ta'ala gives her a place in the highest levels of Jannat.

Lailatul Qadr mubarak and Khas Dua ma yadd

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Although Irin had a powerful gift, she had not honed it to sorcerer level. With one last pat on Erikins arm, she left them to climb the staircase alone. We may have even convinced ourselves that we dont feel what we feel for them. It didnt even help that Brevin was sucking Tykirs cock right beside them. Then she opened her eyes. He gave her a mock glare and flicked at her ear. Sitting up, she rubbed her hands. He pulled her from Gala into his own embrace. Nialdlye wore a simple green shift that barely reached her thighs. Eyrhaen bobbed her head, loose hair falling forward over her shoulders. They wanted her to bleed? I know youre with Nialdlye now. She froze, lost in the icy heat of his gaze. Brevin licked the point of Tykirs ear. Hadnt he seen that Tykir just took her pussy? Let me sleep for a while then Ill work on convincing you some more. Do you have time to come speak with me? You must remember I grew up isolated. There should be more of you in this world. Touching another had never been like this.

Anonymous said...

Hed been brought to his old suite of rooms and laid out on his bed. Not so strange to be fucking Hyle, but where had the compulsion come from? You dont need help. He really was afraid. She wanted to lash out at Nialdlye, but that was wrong.
[url=http://cumonshot.1sthost.org/index11.html]free facial cum shots[/url]

Anonymous said...

He told her that the watch would stay with her until he came back. The sound of the watch was his fine-sounding words. He promised he would come back and marry her.[url=http://www.sunglassescool.com/prada-sunglasses.html]prada eyewear[/url]
Rolex has excellent styles for both males and females, and the price ranges enormously so that most consumers can have a satisfying Rolex. This ladies¡¯ Rolex President is the ideal watch for the excellent females. It is made of 18k yellow gold, including the crown and the flutes bezel. it has the custom champagne diamond dial with 10 round cut diamonds. The crystal is of scratch-resistant sapphire conversion. The President Bracelet is powerful, giving the watch a modern look. It is the synonym of luxury and elegance and is suitable for the finest tastes. Some other popular dial colors including silver and white and mother of pearl are also provided. The consumers can choose according to personal taste. This style is very popular among today¡¯s young professional women.