Saturday, April 04, 2009

Things have been looking bright lately and I guess that it's a good thing. The confidence that ebbed away in the last few weeks has mostly come back and my thought processes have started generating new ideas again, which can only be a good thing.

Two days ago, I spoke to Dr Barbara Ryan and it was an amazing conversation. I was telling her about my future plans and how I intend to take the path less taken. There wasn't even a sliver of doubt present on her face when she listened to me. She told me to go for it and pursue my passion because that is the fuel for success. She gave me tips to help me pursue my goals and encouraged me to fight on and not give up. She even agreed to help me with some of the stuff! I'm so glad I met her. She's really one of the profs you can just go and talk to. She's really inspired me and has become a mentor to me.

My sec 3s in Montfort are gearing up to take over the unit. I must say that as a whole batch, they have quite a bit of potential. The challenge is, however, to channel this potential and energy in an effective, educative and developmental way. They grasp the concepts of leadership pretty quickly and understand the need for leaders to serve the people rather than the other way round, which certainly is a positive start. I'm feeling quite optimistic about this batch and cannot wait to work with them when they take over!

Many opportunities have popped up. Perhaps, they might have always been there and I'm noticing them only now. I'm really thankful that they are finally visible to me. However, Rasulullah (SAW) once said that opportunities are like clouds and one must grasp them before they float away. The meaning in this is clear. You make your own life. You have to take the initiative to grasp opportunities and do something with your life. I'm ready to work hard to grasp the ones that are currently available.

"Everyone falls down in life. It's how fast you get up that matters."

Have fun dudes.

No comments: