Sunday, July 05, 2009

Yesterday morning was the first time in ages that I went for sabaq (cell group/small religious class) and it felt amazing. It was refreshing and rejuvenating. Of course Aamil Saheb (the priest) had to remind me to go for Sabaq the night before during a Darees (prayer session) but I'm glad he did. I forgot how intellectually stimulating Sabaqs are and how much I enjoy them.

I was telling my cadets during the SNCO course last month that it is importnat to renew onself in 4 areas constantly to ensure personal effectiveness as a leader. One of the four areas was spiritual renewal. And ironically I had not been following my own advice.

Must make sure I pay more attention to this renewal thing. So here are a few resolutions:

Body: Jog on the treadmill for 15 minutes everyday. And play badminton once a week (thanks to Gerard who has offered to be my badminton partner....haha)

Mind: Do research to write my next paper on education.

Heart: Continue volunteering at NCDCC :) Yes!!!!

Soul: Attend Sabaqs every week and read a chapter of the iqtebasat everyday.

And people, leave a tag!!!!

Hozefa

No comments: