Monday, December 13, 2004

No! It just cannot be...

A day ago I heard some pretty bad news. I just dun believe it. I cannot bring myself to believe it. How can it be? A month ago I attended his wedding....a beautiful affair... 2 weeks ago I was talking to him, joking around and having fun during the NYJC LTC..... and now...he's gone.

Mr John Lim, our NYJC PE teacher sadly passed away together with his wife when his car collided head on with a truck in New Zealand. Mr Lim was like one of my favourite teachers.... I could talk to him about almost anything. Had so much fun with him in NY.

I remember how my class used to go down for 'extra' PE lessons with him and how he'd hand us a card with the "tasks" for the day. How we'd go about doing it and sometimes cheat by doing less push ups or sit ups and after we finished he'd give us a knowing smile. How we could just meet him anywhere and start talking about anything. I remember that I met him just the day before I entered NS... He wished me all the best and gave me some advice on how to cope with NS. He always encouraged me to try mybest at sports despite my protests that I was hopeless at it. He promised me that he would treat me to "kopi" if I get gold in my IPPT.... sir! you have to keep your promise.... Where have you gone!?

His wedding was so beautiful. Despite having received so many wedding gifts he took the effort to send me an sms thanking me for my gift and stating the gift in particular, showing that he cared.

And I remembered the very last time I met him. It was at the end of LTC 04 and I just took a photo with him. "I'll send the photo to your email sir!" I said.

Sir, thanks for everything. I'll really miss you....esp whenever I go back to NYJC and find one empty space.

May the Almighty bless your soul repeatedly.

---------

My third sudden and unexpected death in 2 years. Goes to show me how unpredictable life is. Every thing we do and every step we take, we must make the most out of it and never forget to let people close to us know how much we value them.

"Live every moment as if it were you last, but dream as if you can live forver"

"When you are born, you cry but those around you smile. Ensure that when you die, you are smiling in God's presence and people around you are weeping you loss"

Sir, we'll forever weep your loss.


1 comment:

babypanda said...

hey hoze...
i dont know if you are reading this but i just wanna catch up a little.
its was really hard for me last year because i missed LTC due to exams...
besides that there were 2 deaths of my very dear elders last year and mr lim's was just after we finish the last funeral...
yea i was devastated, i blamed myself for not paying attention enough to our dear teacher... i didnt even have the chance to tell him that i got my Swimming Instructor License when i was planning to tell him like 2 days later... and that i was going to ask on him more asthma stuffs that i know he has some thought on it.
this has been really traumatising for me and i still has alot of nightmares on the death of my friends teachers and most of all my family...
maybe things will become better after a while . afterall they say time heals all wounds.
i have to make sure i attend this years LTC. i dont want to make mistake of missing the annual gathering with NYJC and you guys again...
Ah Ngee
18/3/2005