Sunday, December 26, 2004

Whirlwind

Things have been going really really quickly lately. So many things going on that I'm panting just trying to catch up with them. (Maybe I'm panting because I'm just not getting enough excersice....mental note: add to new years' resolution) Whatever it is, it seems like life was in a whirlwind this past week.

Went 'coffeeing' with Ms Foo last Tuesday. We met at the Starbucks at Toa Payoh. I almost couldn't recognize her in her funky shades and cap, coz I'm so used to seeing her in shirts and carrying a big pile of books. :p She printed out some photos of Mr Lim in NZ and gave them to me, which was really nice. Talked about many things and managed to deal with recent loss. I think it was really nice of Ms Foo, helping me out when I'm sure she must also be trying to cope with the loss as well. Thanks Ms Foo! :)

Tried to study some biology in between work at camp. Managed to actualy start understanding what Darwin's darn theory is all about, though I don't really agree with them. I mean the thought of you evolving from a monkey is enough to turn anybody away from the idea. But sometimes after dealing with some weird people, you can't help wondering if Darwin was really getting at something.

Did some last minute card-searching for some christian friends of mine but I seriously doubt that the cards would reach them in time for christmas :p. Maybe monday. Sorry for that.....but it's the thought that counts right? :P

Had a rush BOA meeting on Friday night and after that did more rushing to Geri's place where Geri, jon, sweengee, xk and me hung out and stayed overnight for a lot of movie watching, prank-playing, talking, singing (mostly my hopeless versions of songs) and lots of FUN! But there was a few minutes of silence and sadness as we watched the beginning of the first movie of "Lord of the Rings" when we realised that Mr John Lim' s final days were spent on the set of Hobbiton (the commercial name of the Shire), the exact same place we were watching on the movie. Anyway, we had lots of fun, unfortunately had to run off the next day.

Didn't get much done on Saturday. Was too sleepy from the night before.

Today spent the whole morning buying hardware for the house. Now I'm slowly trying to install everything everywhere.....!!! Went to Shabbarbhai's new house today. Talked to my darling :). Happy seventh monthsary dear.

Hopefully the week ahead turns out as great as this one ....and perhaps a bit slower.

-HoZe-

No comments: