Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Wow.....my last update was in July....Seriously, I have to do something about my problem with procrastination.

Actually, I don't have a problem with procrastination. In fact, I'm great friends with it! Everytime it rears its big ugly head around the corner, I actually run towards procrastination and embrace it like a long lost brother. Yes, we're so close now, I'm starting to consider procrastination as family.

Yes, you may say that a positive outcome from this is that I've gained a close friend. Yes, I may seem to enjoy life and have no worries. However, in a deep dark corner of my mind, I know life is going to explode. All the things I have abandoned in order to embrace procrastination will one day be too much to fit into that tiny dark corner and the barrier holding it all in will give way and that will be the end of it.

And how exactly will "the end of it" look like? Deadlines passing with no work submitted, feeling lousy because I know I have the potential to do much better but didn't, failing hopelessly in exams because I could've have studied and gotten great marks but didn't, being totally unsuccessful in business because I didn't manage to catch the opportunities when I should have and panadol after panadol tablet to deal with the immense stress of trying to finish work that only I can and need to do.

What can I do? I have to break this parasitic relationship. Procrastination has found a great host in me, a great friend who embraces it. Hoewvwer, I must abandon it. For there is little time left.

No comments: