Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I've finally submitted my UROPS final report. While there is still a presentation pending, I think the worst is over. UROPS was an exciting but very intensive research experience. I have to thank my professor A/P Shabbir Moochhala for giving me this opportunity and guding me along, my supervisor, Dr Mahesh, for being an inspiration, always guiding patiently, always allowing me to explore and always willing to stay back extra hours when I needed to work overtime. I also wanna thank Alicia, Shiao Hui, Lifang, Meiqi and Jia Ling for their friendship, weird nicknames and help throughout the year that I was attached to the lab. I think I've learnt a lot and experienced things you couldn't experience in any other module. Research is intensive and certainly not for those who aren't committed to it. But there is a certain magic about hoping to find things that support your hypothesis, optimizing failed experiments, watching your probes bind to your template DNA in your light scanner.......Amazing. :)

No comments: