Saturday, May 24, 2008

Its the eve of my birthday today, according to the Hijri (Muslim) Calender apparently. Yay.

The last few days has been a complete blur despite the fact that I've been trying to slow down the pace at which things are happening or need to happen. Sometimes I wonder why that is so. Am I afraid that there is too little time so I have to stretch the time I already have to achieve as much as I want to in life? Am I just a workaholic who just needs to be kept busy? I don't know, really.

The truth is, I like the things I do. I like organising things. I like mentoring youth. I like being part of important discussions in focus groups. I like taking part in community activities. I like writing. I like dwelling more into religion. Perhaps I like too many things. But is that wrong? Why limit myself to just a few things when life has so much to offer?

Don't get me wrong. I don't resent my life now. I really love it. But I think I need to learn how to take a break once in a while like I used to last time where I would take a good book to a Starbucks and read chapter after chapter oblivious of the world around me. Or take a long walk somewhere secluded while listening to music.

Anyway, according to the Islamic Calender, I'm a year older today. May God always keep me in the cooling shadow of Aqa Moula (TUS), who is my guide, my light, my source of strength and inspiration, my role model, my protector and my source of comfort. Moula, please hold my hand, always.

No comments: