Friday, October 17, 2008

The writing of papers is really getting to me. This semester, I have to write papers for 3 modules. Yes, you heard correctly, THREE whole modules. For the Singapore: The Making of a Nation I have to write 4 response papers plus one term paper. For Virtue and Leadership, its 3 short assignments (You can feel free to write more, and I am planning to write more than 3 because its quite an interesting module) plus one term paper and for my independant study module on Ribonucleic Acids, 2 response papers and one term paper. Altogether, 12 papers this sesmester, at least!!! I love writing and all, but sometimes the sheer volume of writing you have to do really kills any enthusisasm you had to begin with.

But one thing that writing does force you to do is to organise your thoughts effectively and use language in a creative way to bring across your point of view. It really hones the mind to think more critically about the subject matter instead of just regurgitating stories heard in the past.

While writing so many papers in one semester isn't exactly something to look forward to, I think I'm really growing from this experience. As a science student you don't have many opportunity to write such papers, thankfully as a usp student I do.

Oh well....busy busy busy.

No comments: