Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So many many things have happened in the last few weeks that have uplifted, inspired, motivated and enriched me. I am so thankful that all of this has happened to me and I know that Aqa Moula (TUS) paryers have been with me all this while and his light has been guiding me in the right direction and opening new paths and opportunities for me.

I presented a paper at the 2nd International Conference on Character Development Through Service and Experiential Learning. My paper was on a theory of mentorship that I had been working on and it was about how a student leader's full potential could be developed. The presentation went well and quite a few people came to approach me after my talk. There was one professor who asked if I was interested in writing a paper together with him for the next conference! That was way cool. More importantly though, the experience was like an amazing sabbatical for me. I was surrounded by so many like-minded people from around the world who shared the same ideas on education as me and we discussed them vigorously with one another. The keynote speakers were inspirational, espeacially Melissa Kwee who did a great job and left a big impression on evryone by saying that "Without love the story is not worth telling". I want my story to be worth telling, I want to make a difference in the lives of young people. I know what I wanna do!

Argh....running out of time. Will type more later! :)

No comments: