Friday, June 20, 2008

Life is taking some new directions and strengthening some old ones. Making new connections while keeping some old ones alive and well. It looks better and brighter as each day goes by. While some connections wither away, new ones blossom and the realization that new people bring in new opportunities sink in. Ok, I shall stop being so vague.....let's get on with the rest of this post.

With Aqa Moula's (TUS) karam and ehsan, I was appointed to the committee of Shababul-Eidiz-Zahabi (Singapore), the youth wing of our community. I am honoured and humbled that despite being so unworthy, I am given this responsibility. I pray that with Moula's dua mubarak, I am able to execute my duties with integrity and responsibility and do what is necessary. I ask all mumineen who read this to dua on my behalf that Aqa Moula (TUS) accepts my khidmat, however little it is. I feel so blessed.

My company just finished its first major project. The leadership training cum character development camp that we organised was fairly executed well and judging from the responses, the kids really enjoyed themselves, experienced new things and learnt a lot about themselves and their goals. Special thanks to my facilitators who put in all the extra effort to make this camp a highly successful one. Hopefully this is the start of many good things to come!

Commandant of NCDCC LTC Lim Kah Seng will be handing over his command to a new Commandant today. LTC Lim is a man I truly admire because he led NCDCC in its formative years to great success despite so many challenges facing it. He is a man who truly gets what education is all about and how to provide an all rounded education programme for NCDCC cadets. On a personal level, he always listened to the problems of his officers, went all out to try and solve them and was always open to new ideas to make the organisation better. We could not have asked for a better leader. I wish him all the best for the future! Thank you for all you have done for us Commandant Sir!

Well, I've decided that its time for me to refocus my efforts in some areas. New leaders have merged and their need the full support of their mentors. The people who have come and gone can still look to me for support but I don't know whether I can still remain proactive when it comes to them. However, I'll still expand as much energy as possible.

Still sometimes feel that I'm being taken for granted but I guess it could be nothing and it would slowly fade away....

Special semester for me starts next week. I've opted to take the experimental bio module and it sure sounds fun. I'm gunning for an A!!!!

Have fun guys :)

No comments: