Sunday, June 08, 2008

Yesterday was Mohammed's wedding. As with most Bohras weddings where the groom is local, there was lots and lots of fun! Ibrahim was the main coordinator of all the friends of the groom. We styled ourselves "DoSTARS" (a play on the word dostos which means the groom's friends in this context) and during the wedding, wore badges that reflected this.....haha.

In the afternoon, some of us stayed at Masjid to help serve lunch to the Family of Mohammed's in-laws who had come from Malaysia (Khadija Bhabi is a malaysian) while the rest went to the house to decorate the happy couple's room where they would spend their first night together. At night during the dinner, we just had loads and loads of fun. However by the time we left masjid, it was already 1 am and we had to move fast. Fortunately all the mischief and fun was over by 3am and was on my way home.

Mohammed and Khadija look very happy together and I pray that they always remain happy under the guidance and protection of Aqa Moula (TUS).

Weddings, being weddings, surface the desire of the maternal units in my life to see me happily attached too. :) We visited Dadima (grandmother) today at kakaji's house. After praying "Ya syyeda Shohadai" and Madeh of Aqa Moula to pray for her good health, Dadima mentioned that I look more and more like my grandfather. :) She was then wondering when I would find someone to complete me. She said the most important thing is that I truly love whoever I choose and that the girl loves me back.

Leaves me to wonder, is the fact that I'm alone and not attached the reason I might be feeling somehow empty? Or at least partly the reason? I would ponder a bit more on this but I did return from the wedding pretty late last night and I'm really really tired.

Not to tired though to figure out that the week ahead is long and definitely tiring. And I will not have the time or strength to resolve my issues. Sigh.

No comments: