Saturday, April 19, 2008

After the car ride (whew), I finally reached Montfort and changed into my uniform in time to get the cadets ready for the GOH rehearsal. It was a roller-coaster. Cpt Pang and myself were very thankful that Encik Firdaus, Encik Haramain and Lta Sameer were able to come down to Montfort yesterday to help with the final arrangements and formations for the GOH. I think in the end, everyone was more or less satisfied, some more than others. My cadets had to work with the new arrangements. It was pretty tough on them. I think the guns started getting to heavy for some of them but to their credit, they kept going. During the water break when I asked them how they felt, all of them screamed back "awesome, sir!". What great cadets! However, their drills still lacked a certain something that would differentiate good from fantastic. Encik haramain commented that the npcc cadets were marching with that certain something so we asked the ncdcc cadets to watch the npcc contingent march past. They were standing tall and straight with a lot of gusto. I've always maintained that if we can learn something good from someone else, we should go all out and learn it from them. It is illogical and stupid to state 'pride' as a reason for not learning something worthwhile from another group. After my cadets looked at the npcc contingent (and got a bit of shouting from me), they polished up their performance and improved significantly. Cpt Pang told me that the Principal, VPs and Mr Loh were impressed with the timing and drills after that. So were Encik Firdaus, Encik Haramain and Sameer.

I thought that we had been pretty tough on them already so after they had returned their water mist guns to the armoury, I sat down with the cadets for a light hearted session with them. We joked around and I used this oppotunity also to try and motivate them to accelerate and work hard towards Founder's day which is in 7 days. We held the sec 3s back after everybody else went home, to announce who will be going for the SNCO course and to prep them for what is to come. After that I walked toward the ncdcc room when I saw Shijing rushing into the room and I opened the door to find Shijing sitting down on the floor with blood dripping from his forehead. As the boy ran into the room, he tripped and banged with head against the door which resulted in a deep cut above his left eye. I applied pressure using my hand until somebody finally passed me some gauze. Cpt Pang in his calm manner got everything arranged to transport him to the nearest clinic. We waited until the doc finished stitching him up. Shijing was very brave about it :).

And I went back home, all tired but glad to have spent nother day with my cadets.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I about the collection should acquire more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who writes about
Several
home business reviews

If you want to know more here it is
home based business

Anonymous said...

Before you decide to obtain a payday advance, speak to any friends people who have presently done so. Question them with regards to their experience and discover which pay day lender they picked. The greater study you do in advance, the more likely you is to avoid stepping into additional economic difficulty. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Scan2122344d[/url]