Saturday, April 19, 2008

Human Relations group project was over last Thursday marking the end of this very interesting module. This module rally helps to analyse why people behave the way they do and it teaches us not to judge people because their behaviour and cognition are all due to their background, or socialization as sociologists tend to call it. Not forgetting the wonderful friends I made in the class and my super-duper group mates: Tong Wei (dragon lady), Joel (pork bun), chin soon (ok, i forgot your nickname), Jivan (the not so great) and of course myself (walawala). :) It was great working with you guys to analyse the social image of the Singapore Girl! (a great way to fly apparently).

Yesterday there was a metabolism test in the morning which despite my lack of mugging was easy to pull through. I'm honestly not sure how many marks I'll get for it but with some luck, I'll get some marks which I'll not be embarrassed to repeat to others. Haha.

After the test I did something I hadn't done in a long time, sit down with some of my friends from life sciences and had a Burger King lunch with them. Ok so it was only two of them but better than nothing right? Haha. Weizhen kept Anne and me in good humour with his many jokes and stories of his exploits with the French lady who wants to keep him for two years (lol....it's not what it sounds like....he's got a research opportunity under this french scientist at nus and he has to give a 2-year commitment).

After lunch I did my prayers and I drove (yes, I drive) to Montfort Secondary School. Many thanks to Biying who found out the shortest and most direct route for me to get there from NUS. I was listening to some Marsiya and Madeh (devotional hymns) on the way there and I was suddenly overwhelmed. I was thinking that every moment of my Life, Aqa Moula (tus) must be thinking about me and doing Dua for me and the rest of the mumineen in the world. What Have I been doing? After coming back from Ashara Mubaraka in Colombo, how have I changed my life? Have I followed any of Aqa Moula's farmaan? Have I made an effort to become a better mumin, a better human being? Have I made a conscious effort to ensure that I exemplify what being a mumin is all about? Have I gone out of my way to help anyone? Have I kept Moula in my thoughts everyday, every minute? Have I said my prayers five times a day, on time? Have I read the Quran-e-Majeed at least twice a day when I wake up and before I go to sleep? Do I make an effort to remember Imam Husain (AS) who sacrificed his life for the forgiveness of our sins everyday? Have I done my part to make this world a better place for all of God's creatures? Sadly, its for all these small things that make us a mumin, my answer is no. Sometimes i feel my faith slipping away from me faster than I can grasp it. But I know Moula is on my side. I know that everyday Moula is praying for my salvation here and for the hereafter. Whenever I look at Moula's photo sitting on my desk, I cannot help but think that here's a man who sacrifices everything for us, so that one day when we reach the presence of Imam-uz-Zaman, we will have nothing to fear, beacuse Moula will be there and he will tell the Imam: "Here is a mumin, he loved me, he loved the Imams, He wept for Imam Husain, he made a difference in this world. Oh Imam-uz-zaman, please bring him with you to falak-e-mohit." I'm going to make a consicious effort to be a better mumin from today and I know in Aqa Moula's cooling shadow, I will succeed.

No comments: