Thursday, April 24, 2008

I was looking through a scrapbook that I had made when I had just graduated from Victoria School. I became a bit overwhelmed with emotion. Even though I have stopped going back to VS for volunteer activities for more than 3 years, I don't think I have ever completely let go of that place. But I guess the emotions I felt had nothing to do with VS as it is now. I studied in the old school, for me the Victorian Spirit emanated from each brick in the Geyalng Bahru campus. I miss the atmosphere, my friends, my experiences, many of which have made me the person I am today. I miss, hanging out in the prefects room, studying late into the night in the small study tables that were in the most deserted parts of the school, the ghost stories, the numerous camps, everything, just everything. I miss my friends from the prefectorial board and the fun we all had together. Wow.

I'm definitely not good at saying goodbye. I never have been. I suppose that's why I'm such a sentimental fool. (A SNAG-sensitive new age guy-my friends call me....lol) That's probably why I can never fully let go of anything.

Very soon my sec 4 cadets will be saying their own goodbyes. This Saturday, the GOH, will mark the end of their service as SNCOs in NCDCC. The next time they come back to NCDCC, it'll be time for their POP. I'll miss all of them, I really will, especially my SNCOs. Wow, its difficult just typing this out. You never forget your first batch. I don't think I'll ever forget these guys.

P.S. And people, be nice. If you visit my blog, leave a tag!

No comments: